News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

Organizing and Storing Digital Photos and Videos

Started by Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU), April 18, 2017, 12:29:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU)

Organizing and Storing Digital Photos and Videos

- Photos, photos, and more photos. If you're like me, and everyone I know, you've probably taken thousands of photos and videos over the last year or two. If you don't have an organized system, you probably have your images saved in your smartphone, in the cloud, and on your computer. Creating one system that allows you to keep your most important memories safe and easy to access can help you enjoy all those stored-up moments in a whole new way. My name's Suzanna Kaye, and I'm a professional organizer and productivity trainer.

When I work with clients on their home, I almost always find at least one box, if not 20, of old photos to be organized. Their smartphones and computers are even more jam-packed, and it's a huge stress for them. Knowing what tools are available and creating new habits to maintain your system is essential. In this course, we'll talk about where to store your digital photos, whether locally or in a cloud-based system, and the pros and cons of each. We'll go over how to scan and edit your photos to get them out of the shoe boxes and into your digital files, including top scanners available and services to take the bulk of the work off your plate.

We'll also cover safety with your photos, including setting up systems that will still be accessible as technology changes, backing up your photo library, and safety concerns and etiquette when publicly sharing your images. Organizing your photos in your system is also a key component we'll discuss, including file naming, keywords, tags, searching, and purging low-quality images and duplicates. We'll finish with some fun ways to enjoy your photos in your day-to-day life, so your favorite memories can be enjoyed and not hidden away.

By the end of this course, you'll know all the components to an organized digital photo and video collection that will work for you. Let's get started.

Drowning in digital media? Professional organizer Suzanna Kaye introduces a system for keeping your photos and videos organized and accessible, including future-proofing your most important memories. Learn the best ways to cull, edit, and transfer media, including automating purging and uploading photos to the cloud. Find out how to digitize photo prints using your scanner or an online service. Suzanna also shows how to sort, tag, and file media—and quickly find a photo or video when you need it. Along the way, she introduces some fun ways to feature your photos, so you can enjoy them every day.

Source: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/organizing-and-storing-digital-photos-and-videos
Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU)
Asst. Administrative Officer and Apprentice
Daffodil International University
102/1, Shukrabad, Mirpur Road, Dhanmondi, Dhaka-1207.
Cell: +8801671-041005, +8801812-176600
Email: reyed.a@daffodilvarsity.edu.bd