News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

The 5 Best Things You Can Say in a Job Interview !!

Started by Suraya, December 21, 2013, 01:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suraya

The 5 Best Things You Can Say in a Job Interview !!

Interviewing for a new job can be incredibly nerve wracking and it?s natural to feel nervous about it. But if you take a deep breath and focus on preparing to say the things recruiters want to hear, you?ll be fine.

Just take these five tips from experts.

?Let me tell you about a time that I solved that problem.?

Even if an interview question could be answered with a simple ?yes? or ?no,? you want to be sure to say more so you highlight the value you?d bring to the organization if you?re hired for the position.

?Always have an anecdote or story about your previous experience that relates and can give more insight into yourself on the job,? suggests David Morgan, President of IT and Engineering at Addison Group.

?Can you clarify?

Asking follow-up questions such as ?does that make sense,? demonstrates to an interviewer you?re intent on communicating thoroughly and accurately, a skill most employers appreciate.

?Checking-in with the interviewer by asking him or her whether things are clear and establishing a common understanding is a good way to not only engage, but also demonstrates a certain amount of care, both of which do wonders in getting that follow-up interview,? says The Workforce Consultants Managing Director Lynda Zugec.

?I read about that project on your web site.?

When two people meet for the first time, it?s polite to ask questions and express an interest in each other. In a job interview, though, you demonstrate your interest in the company by doing research before you show up, so don?t have to ask basic questions and can move on to having an intelligent conversation about it.

?I don't mean memorizing the About Us page on the company website. I'm talking about doing your due diligence (read: research!) and knowing the company you're applying to,?
says Voices Human Resources Manager Jessica Campbell.

?What made you decide to work here??

Well-thought answers to an interviewer?s questions demonstrate your knowledge, experience and communication skills. But companies also want to see you?re curious about what they do.

?One of the best things you can do at an interview is come prepared with thoughtful questions for the interviewer,? says Cheryle Palmer, owner of Call to Career.  Doing so demonstrates an interest in the company and the job, and shows you did your homework before the interview.

?I?d love the chance to join this team!?

There?s a huge difference between begging for a job and expressing a genuine desire to work for a company and fill the role you?re interviewing for. Recruiters are looking for people who are excited about the company and have a real interest in their prospective role.

?If the job truly is your first choice and you would accept it if given an offer, then say it,? says Jennifer Bevan, founder of Job Coaching. ?Hiring managers want to give offers to exceptional candidates who have a high likelihood of accepting the offer.?