News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

Sales Tips for Prospecting: Constant and Never-Ending Improvement (Part 3 of 3)

Started by Doha, October 19, 2013, 08:20:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doha

Sales Tips for Prospecting: Constant and Never-Ending Improvement (Part 3 of 3)
by Ralph Barsi

Are you looking for ways to advance in your sales career? Do you want to outshine your competitors and become recognized for your sales acumen?  I?m excited to share Tip #7, my final recommendation from the Inside Sales 2013 Frontline Conference in Boston. Here are the links to Part I and Part II of this series, in case you missed them.

TIP #7: Practice CANI (Constant and Never-Ending Improvement)

To practice CANI, work harder on yourself than you work on your job.  The Japanese word for this concept is Kaizen, and successful companies like GE refer to this as Six Sigma. CANI means becoming the best at your craft, achieving small goals each day, and measuring your progress along the way.

If you have committed to the sales profession and aspire to succeed in your career, then it is very important to master CANI. Awaken the student within you.  Absorb as much information as you can. You have the same amount of time each day as the greatest minds in sales ? so take advantage of it.

Second, continue to learn from experts through books, podcasts, videos, blogs and associations, etc. Below are key questions to consider throughout your career journey:

What books have you read about sales and business to improve your skills?
    How can you build a successful attitude, think creatively and execute your ideas?
    What podcasts about sales topics can you learn from?
    What inspirational YouTube videos can you watch?
    What inside sales and sales enablement blogs can you follow?
    How active are you in professional associations?

Also, here are some of my favorite sales, business and leadership books:

Books

Remember that when you're not training, your competitors are...and when you are training, your competitors are too. Continue to build your knowledge and outsmart your competitors with sales intelligence.

How will you commit to CANI ? Constant and Never-Ending Improvement ? in the next few weeks? What resources have been the most helpful in your sales career? I look forward to hearing your thoughts.