News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

THE 3 STEPS TO A 5 YEAR PLAN

Started by Doha, August 29, 2020, 01:28:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doha

THE 3 STEPS TO A 5 YEAR PLAN

by Rebecca Jean

Studies show that people who write down their plans are 33% more likely to meet them. But it can be difficult when someone asks you the question, "Where do you see yourself in 5 or 10 years?" If you're anything like me, this question throws you way off, so I embarked on the journey to write a 5 year plan as so many professionals suggest. My first task was to figure out what all goes into a five year plan. Your plan doesn't have to be solely career goals. After looking at examples, I've concluded that pretty much everything can be placed in five groups: Career, Bucket List, Financial, Family, and Personal. My second task was to realize that you can't really plan a five year plan, without knowing your life plan. It'd be like writing 5 chapters of a story without deciding the story's plot.

SO THE FIRST STEP TO WRITING A 5 YEAR PLAN: WRITE YOUR LIFE PLAN
Jot down all those life goals you want to achieve. Want to own your own company? Learn a language? Have a family? Write down everything and don't be afraid to dream big. This is a whole lifetime we're talking about after all! You can get a lot done!

IRONICALLY, THE SECOND STEP TO WRITING A 5 YEAR PLAN: WRITE YOUR 5 YEAR PLAN
Look at everything you wrote down for your life goals. Now, what is the in-between from where you are now, and where you want to be? If your life goal feels like a far stretch from where you are now, try to think of your first couple baby steps. If you want to own your own retail store, maybe get a retail job and aim for manager! Want to be a author? Write the first draft for your first book! Everyone starts somewhere.

THE THIRD STEP TO WRITING A 5 YEAR PLAN: WRITE A DAILY PLAN
What can you do on a daily basis that will push you towards that 5 year goal, which will then push you towards that life goal? Grand plans don't happen overnight, they happen in the day by day. Want to become Bilingual? That means daily practice. Want to pay off debt? Keep a budget.

HERE'S AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT IT MAY LOOK LIKE WHEN YOU PUT IT ALL TOGETHER: