News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

A Shocking Number Of People Regret How They've Lived Their Lives

Started by Doha, August 03, 2019, 06:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doha

A Shocking Number Of People Regret How They've Lived Their Lives, Says a New Study
There is, though, a positive aspect to all this. If you look hard enough.

By Chris Matyszczyk

Absurdly Driven looks at the world of business with a skeptical eye and a firmly rooted tongue in cheek.

Regrets, I've had a few.

But then again, too many to mention.

This seems to be the inner core of far too many sentient beings.

I'm not merely speaking of my own sadly twisted inner workings, nor of those of many of my closest friends.

You see, a new study offers a painful view of how a startling number of people feel about their lives so far.

Conducted by the U.K. non-profit Remember a Charity, the study asked 2,000 people how they feel about their life choices.

4 out of 10 confessed they wished they'd done it all differently.

The instinctively churlish will immediately snort that all this unhappiness must be a direct result of Brexit.

However, this survey offered more precisely the roots of people's regrets.

Many wish they hadn't worked so hard. Many wish they'd traveled more.

Worse, those who happen to be parents are extremely concerned about the sort of legacy they'll leave behind.

Most of these 2,000 Brits confessed they expected to be remembered as moody and anxious.

Which is surely a painful indictment of society as a whole and the tech world's constant claims to have made the world a better place.

Indeed, many of these Brits admitted they feel terrible about how much time they spent looking mindlessly at their phones.

But we at Absurdly Driven are here to shine light upon your moody, anxious darkness.

These surveyors point to the fact that many of the regretful types insisted they know they still have time to change, to experience those things they should have experienced years ago.

They know that they can still visit Ghana, ride rapids or tell their bosses what they really think of them.

I, though, think there's even greater cause for optimism here.

It seems, from this research, that 60 percent of people don't have regrets about how they've lived their lives.

Which strikes me as an enormous, unreal and quite staggering success rate.

I wonder what their secret is.

It couldn't be denial, could it?

PUBLISHED ON: AUG 2, 2019