News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

Eight Questions to "Think Aloud" as Prepare Lessons

Started by Rokeya, November 08, 2018, 10:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rokeya

Even if you had plenty of practice writing lessons during your teacher training, it's hard to be prepared for the avalanche of lesson planning you'll have to do once your first year of teaching begins.

To rev up the learning curve, here are eight questions to "think aloud" as you prepare lessons. The answers will help you create high-quality, on-target plans.

At the beginning of the year, you'll probably refer to the questions frequently, but after several months of planning, you'll be a whiz. The process will become automatic!

Eight Questions to "Think Aloud" as You Prepare Lessons
Students: What are the academic, social, physical, personal, and emotional needs of my students?

Strategies: Which teaching strategies will best facilitate my students' learning?

Grouping: Should I group heterogeneously or homogeneously? What size should my groups be?

Timing: When is the best time to do this lesson? Are there prerequisites my students should have mastered?

Materials: What materials and human resources do I need for the lesson to be successful?

Success: Was the lesson successful? Were my students interested? Did my students learn? What didn't work? What will I do differently next time?

Sequence: What can I do next to build upon this lesson? How can I make it flow?

Rationale: What is the reason for doing this? What objectives will be accomplished?

Source: https://www.scholastic.com/teachers/articles/teaching-content/new-teachers-guide-creating-lesson-plans/