News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

Top cyber security certifications

Started by Mehedi hasan, July 25, 2018, 12:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mehedi hasan

Two of the most common questions I'm asked are, "Is having a computer security certification is helpful in getting a job or starting a career in computer security?, and if so, "Which certification should someone get?." The answer to the first question is a definite yes. Getting a certification, while not a cumulative showing of your entire experience and knowledge in a particular area, can only help you. That's true not only in getting a new job, but in improving your knowledge and experience overall, even in your current job.

[ Find out where to look for cybersecurity talent hidden in your own organization and stay up to date on new CISO appointments. | Sign up for CSO newsletters. ]

Critics often say a certification means nothing, and that acumen and experience are the only true differentiators. As a holder of dozens of IT certifications, I beg to differ. More importantly, most employers agree with me. While a computer certification doesn't tell the whole story, to say it doesn't say anything about a person is an error in the opposite direction.

Every certification I've gained took focused, goal-oriented study, which employers view favorably, as they do with college degrees. More important, I picked up many new skills and insights into IT security while studying for each certification test. I learned about new things, and I also gained new perspectives on subjects I thought I had already mastered. I became a better employee and thinker because of all the certifications I have studied for and obtained. You will too.

https://www.csoonline.com/article/3116884/security/top-cyber-security-certifications