News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

what is online marketing

Started by Rokeya, September 18, 2018, 10:28:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rokeya

While connections are still a huge deal, today you can get them right from your couch (or from your living room floor in my case).
As a single individual, you can build a huge business from the comfort of your home after work, during your afternoons, and on your weekends.

I don't think that I'm being overly dramatic when I say that online marketing is your shot at the life of your dreams.

I want you to have as much fun at work as these guys and I do. So, today I'll introduce you to this world with my online marketing guide.

Note: Even if you're deep down the rabbit hole already, you can still learn a ton of new things from the following examples.

If you're interested in a particular topic, feel free to jump ahead:

Definition
Overview
SEO – Search Engine Optimization
On-Page SEO
Off-Page SEO
SEM – Search Engine Marketing
Content marketing
Why content marketing?
Social media marketing
Pay-per-click advertising
Everything that you need to know about Google AdWords
Affiliate marketing
Email marketing

Definition
If you've read my previous guide on digital marketing, you already know that it's different.

Not every digital marketing campaign is automatically an online marketing effort.

According to TNMedia, online marketing is "...any tool, strategy or method of getting the company name out to the public. The advertisements can take many different forms and some strategies focus on subtle messages rather than clear-cut advertisements."

Want the drop-dead simple version of it?

Online marketing is any effort to spread the word about your company that uses the Internet to reach people.

Basically, it's anything that you do online to get more eyeballs on you, grab people's attention, and hopefully, at some point, get them to buy from you.

There are seven major sub-categories of online marketing that I want to cover in this guide.

Overview
We've already talked about search engine optimization (SEO), and I showed you all of the important aspects of it that you have to get right.

Next to SEO, there's search engine marketing (SEM), which is simply the paid version of SEO.

Marketers pay Google to display ads in their search results in the hopes that they will drive traffic (especially interested people, or leads) to their product landing pages.

Then there's content marketing. This is where marketers try to create valuable media and content to distribute to potential future customers. This is the good guy version of online marketing where you mostly try to guilt people into buying.

Of course, you already know social media marketing, which is where you use one or several social media channels to engage with customers, build relationships, and then send them to your products and services.

Pay per click advertising (or PPC) is similar to search engine marketing, but it isn't limited to Google and its competitors. Most social media networks let you create ads that integrate naturally into their feeds, allowing you to pay for clicks to your website.

Affiliate marketing is a kind of referral marketing where you share profits with fellow marketers in exchange for promoting each other's products.

And finally, there's email marketing, which some already consider old-school. But it's still one of the most effective channels. Once your customers have given you permission to contact them, you can email them at any time, providing value and asking them to buy when the time is right.

You can already guess how big online marketing really is. You know how huge of a space each of these individual categories fill.
http://www.deltadecisions.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Online-Marketing.png

Source :
https://neilpatel.com/what-is-online-marketing/