News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

Best Digital Marketing Books 2018

Started by jahid15-1499, September 01, 2018, 12:23:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jahid15-1499

1. Digital Marketing for Dummies
It's a very readable 300 pages and covers the customer journey, marketing planning, landing pages, blogging, SEO, SEM, social, paid display, email, and data and analytics. Get a checklist of the marketing stack of technology categories.

2. Don't Make Me Think Revisited
The book is shortish at 191 pages and uses the principles he recommends. It is colorful, uses high-contrast layout, and is very skimmable with clear headlines and subheads. Every marketer with a website needs to read this book periodically.

3. Google Adwords for Beginners
The book could benefit from 3 additional elements: 1) context of PPC in the marketing mix, 2) examples of successful campaigns, and 3) a summary section on tips and tricks and pitfalls to avoid. Overall, it is a good place to start, informative, and a quick read.

4. Introduction to Programmatic Advertising
This is an upper-intermediate to advanced book that provides breadth and depth on the topic of programmatic display buying. As a career performance digital marketer, I have always had a problem with the nuances of programmatic buying because it was so close to the direct response method we employed all along.

5. Email Persuasion
Email is one of the most mature digital channels, so I would have expected a wide selection of vertical books on the topic. There were only 9 physical books and 5 digital books on the topic on Amazon. I reviewed 3 of them and recommend this one.

6. Social Media Marketing All-In-One for Dummies
Social is one of the newer channels and it has become complex with both organic and paid elements. Social is defined by user-generated content and dialogue versus the traditional push marketing of offline and digital. Companies need to embrace these two elements to make social successful.

7. The Webinar Way
You can tell from the title that the authors are major evangelists for the webinar channel. The book is structured on their alliterative 7 pillars: Perspective, Plan, Promote, Present, Power Position, Pitch, and Partner. These make a good webinar framework, especially the Pitch or offer point.

source : Brightedge
jahid

Shaha Noor

Sr. Executive
Skill Jobs