News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

Linked in Article |It is not your title that makes you a leader.

Started by Doha, June 21, 2018, 05:32:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doha

It is not your title that makes you a leader. It is your influence, inspiration and initiative. Agree ?

Published on June 6, 2018
Oleg Vishnepolsky,Global CTO at DailyMail Online

"Make me a leader" said my employee.

"What do you mean ? What don't you have ?"

"I do not have authority over other people to tell them what to do."

"Do I ever tell you what to do ?"

"Very rarely. We decide together and you help us to reach the right decision. Or you know the answer and explain it's logic to us. If our logic and our answer is better you listen and use ours."

"Exactly. It is painful for a true leader to rely on his or her authority."

"But what do I need to do to become a leader, then ?"

Leaders are not appointed. People become leaders when they earn and get the following.

Trust. Here is how we earn get trust:

Respect. Here is how we earn respect

Initiative: Do not wait for a perfect moment. Take the moment and make it perfect.

Sharing: share information, knowledge, credit

Influence and Inspiration: Influence people to do the right things, inspire them to do their best.

Empowerment: empowering others and stepping back. An employee is a rocket, a leader is a rocket booster.

Telling people what to do is not anywhere here. Because it is not what leaders do, that's what bosses do. Leaders do not act from a position of authority or a title, they lead by influence, inspiration and a personal example.

Do you agree ?