News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

How to Write a Strong Resume Objective Statement

Started by Shaha Noor, June 10, 2018, 11:46:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shaha Noor

If you include an objective in your resume, it's important to customize the resume objective to match the position you are applying for. The more specific you are, the better chance you have of being considered for the job you are interested in. It is a good idea to write a new resume objective for each job you apply for.

When you're crafting your resume objective, you should focus on particular skills and experiences that are directly related to the job. Another effective strategy is to keywords from the job listing in your resume objective. Not only can this increase the chances of your resume get picked up by a company's applicant tracking system, but it can also emphasize how your qualifications align with the job listing.

You should also only state career goals that are feasible within the company.

For example, if you ultimately want to become a managing editor at a magazine, but you are applying for a job at a newspaper, do not state this. Focus on how you want to grow within the company.

One of the dangers of a resume objective is that you can focus too much on what you want in your career, and not enough on how you will add value to the company. Therefore, while your resume objective should include information on the career that you want, you also want to explain why you are an ideal candidate for the job. Briefly include any information that highlights your experience, including your years in the industry, your particular skill set, and any other qualifications. Include examples of ways you could add value or even improve the company. For example, mention your ten years of successfully reducing budgets, and state that you want to apply these skills to the organization's budget.

Sample Resume Objective Statements
Seeking a position at XYZ Company where I can maximize my 10+ years of management, quality assurance, program development, and training experience.

Seeking a position as a clinical practice assistant for health maintenance organization, utilizing my award-winning writing, research, and leadership skills.

Elementary education teacher looking for a position at a small independent school, where I can apply my five years of teaching experience and my curriculum development skills.

Ref: https://www.thebalancecareers.com

Customer service manager seeking an opportunity to use my customer service and management skills to improve customer satisfaction.

Looking for a position where I can integrate strategies to develop and expand existing customer sales, brand and product evolution, and media endorsement.

Search engine optimization position where I can use my SEO skills and experience to increase site traffic and search engine placement, and apply my 15 years of IT experience.

To obtain a position that will enable me to use my strong organizational skills, award-winning educational background, and ability to work well with people.

Sr. Executive
Skill Jobs