News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

How to become a Successful Wedding Photographer

Started by Md. Anikuzzaman, May 19, 2018, 09:59:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Md. Anikuzzaman

Starting a business can be daunting. When I started  mine over 5 years ago, I had absolutely no idea where to begin. Register my business, build a wesbite, take photos, find clients, etc. But once you establish your business, how do you become successful? We have mentored and worked with hundreds of photographers and have watched many of them grow into very successful individuals.  Together with Hugh, we started chatting about qualities and skills that we felt were essential to becoming successful. We made a list and were able to come up with THREE categories, our "trifecta of the successful photographer" ;) This list is not meant to be the "be all end all" of how to be successful, but they are what WE believe works!

3 tips on how to become a Successful Wedding Photographer

1. BE NICE

To other photographers, to clients, to guests at weddings, to everyone you come into contact with, provide excellent customer service and experiences. Do not rant online or post negative comments anywhere (these can come back and bite you in the butt!) Help other photographers, provide them with advice if they ask and never ignore those who seem further behind than you-there is a very good chance that one day, they will surpass you and you may appreciate their referrals. Above all, enjoy what you are doing and let it show.

2. BE NOTICED

Put yourself out there AND put your WORK out there! Be a little vulnerable. Be aggressive, go after everything you want, you have one chance at life so if you want something-ask for it! Persistence will pay off. Understand SEO and social media, they are important.

3. BE TALENTED

Sounds like a no brainier, but its kind of essential. Grow, learn, practice, shoot often and work hard. Never assume you know everything, recognize your areas in need of improvement, be critical of your work, seek feedback, get a portfolio review, go to workshops and find a mentor.

Source: http://www.jennifermoher.com/become-successful-wedding-photographer/