News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

How to treat employees as customers?

Started by arif, April 21, 2017, 12:10:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arif

Treat employees as customers

When I was the director of HR for a small business, back in the early 2000s, people used to joke that they dreaded hearing my voice over their telephone intercom. "Janet, can you come to my office "when you get a chance, please?" Why did I make them so nervous? Well, their perception was that I held the key to their pay, their vacation time, their performance evaluations, their benefits, and basically, their job. While that's not entirely true, that was their perception because my job was related to all of those things. I quickly realized the employees should be treated like my customers. Think about your recent experiences with customer service.

What made you want to continue to do business with that person or company? Relationships in HR are similar, so let's examine how human resources can provide good customer service to employees. You are often the first interaction people have with your company. If you're doing any recruiting and interviewing, the candidates are forming opinions about your organization, based on you.

Source: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/administrative-human-resources/treat-employees-as-customers