News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

Checking message status and managing candidates

Started by arif, April 20, 2017, 11:20:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arif

Checking message status and managing candidates

In this movie, we're going to check up on the status of some of the candidates that we've contacted. I want to see if any of them have responded. And then I want to take a look at some options that we have for staying up to date with our communication plan for these candidates. So I'm here starting on the Recruiter homepage. And since I'm starting to receive some responses from candidates that I've contacted, I have some Updates here on my homepage. So you might see Updates telling you that you've received new messages or that Profiles that you've set alerts for have been updated or new results have come up in your Saved Searches.

These Updates are good for letting you know when important, new information has popped up. Now I can also see up at the top of the screen, I have the link for my MESSAGES Inbox, and I can see that there are 3 new MESSAGES there. We're going to take a look at those new messages in just a moment. But first it's important to make sure to take a look at something in my settings, so I'm going to go into the menu up here at the top that says More, and I'm going to go into Admin Settings. And here I want to look at the Setting for my Smart Project Filters.

Now it's currently Turned on in my account. And of course you can Turn this on or off from here. If you want to Turn off Smart Project Filters, there's a button to do that here. If they're already Turned off and you want to Turn them on, then this button will say Turn on SPF, so this is where you'll go to Turn this on. Now this is going to be really important for you to decide whether you want Recruiter to automatically set the Status of the candidates in your Pipeline, or if you want to set the Status manually, so I'm going to leave Smart Project Filters Turned on, and we need to remember that as we talk about the Status labels and what they can do for you.

So for now, I'm going to go back to the Recruiter homepage. And now keep in mind the Status of individual messages that I've sent is different from the Status of a candidate in my Pipeline, but they can be related depending on whether you have your Smart Project Filters Turned on, so let's start by taking a look at some of the ways that I can check on the Status of the candidates in my Pipeline. So for example I want to start by doing a Search. And just to make this easier, I'm going to go into one of my Saved Searches.

Now this is important. I just did the same Saved Search that I did before to find these candidates, but I could've done any Search. If by chance a candidate that I've contacted shows up in a different Search, it's really nice that I can immediately see some information about them, so that I know that I've Contacted them or that I've Saved them in one of my projects and so on. So looking at the list of candidates I see in this Search, I can see which ones I've already Contacted. I can see that I've actually sent 2 messages to this person, and I Saved her in 1 project and the same with this person.

But this one, I can see that he's Replied to my message. And if I roll over these options, I can see a little bit more information about the message that I've sent and which project that I've Saved him to and so on and the same for this person. She's Replied, and I can see that I Saved her in 1 project. Of course I can always click on a candidate's Profile to see more information. From here I can use some of these Recruiting Tools that we saw earlier, and I can also see his Status in my Project.

His Status has automatically changed to Replied, but that's only because I have Smart Project Filters Turned on, which is my preference. If his Status was new, that would mean that I just added him to a Project. If his Status was Contacted, that would mean that I just sent him a Message. But his status is Replied, so I know that he's Replied to one of my Messages, so that's an important thing to know. Now I can roll over this, and it gives me a list of the other possible Statuses.

If I did not have Smart Project Filters Turned on, this is where I would go to manually change this candidate's Status. So this is going to be important if you plan to manually set the Status of your candidates. So we can see the Status here on a candidate's Profile page, but let's jump over to my Project, so I'm going to go up here to Projects at the top of the screen. Going to go to my Graphics lead project. And I can see that of my 5 candidates in this Project, 0 are New.

2 of them have been Contacted. So if I click on that tab, I can see the 2 that have been Contacted, but have not Replied. And 3 of them have Replied. So if I click on that tab, I can see a list of the 3 candidates that have Replied to me. I can see that one of them Declined my message, and two of them have Accepted my message. There's also some other little icons that are listed here that are really valuable. I can see that I've added a Note to this person. I can see that I've sent 1 message to this person, and I can see how many times I viewed their Profile, so this one I viewed twice.

This one I viewed twice. And this one, I've never viewer her Profile. I just added her straight to my Project without viewing the Profile. So there's lots of information to be found here in the Project view by jumping through these different Status tabs. So this shows me the Status of my candidates. But like I said, that's different from the Status of the actual messages that I've sent. To see information about my messages, I'm going to go to my mailbox, so I'll just click on that up here at the top of the screen. And I want to go to my Sent Messages.

Now here by default, I'm in my Inbox, so I can see the responses that I've Received, but I can get a little bit more information if I go to my Sent Messages. So here I can see the Messages that I've sent, and I can also see a little Status next to each. I can see that this person Accepted my Message. This person is Hidden, so I can't tell whether she Accepted or not. And I have a few that are Pending. Those people just have not responded to my Message. Maybe they haven't read the Message yet.

So let's go back to my Inbox and take a look at the Messages I've received. Okay, so this person Declined my Message. So if I click on the subject line for the Message, I can see that she Declined, and I can see her response here as well. So there are a few reasons that somebody might Decline. It looks like she's completely Declined. She's not interested at all. But if I go back to my Inbox and go to Marcus for example, and I click on the subject line for this Message, I can see that he's Accepted the Message, but he's saying that now is not a good time.

So he hasn't exactly Declined the Message, but he's not interested in having discussion right now. Now this is a good opportunity to use some of my Recruiting Tools, so that I can keep tabs on him in the future. So what I might want to do is click on his Profile. And then I can add a Reminder, so that I'll remember to contact him again. So if I contact him again in 1 month, then maybe he will be interested in talking. So in 1 month, I'll get a reminder on the Recruiter homepage in my Updates, reminding me to contact this candidate.

So it's nice to see that there are a few different places where I can see Status both on the candidates themselves and on the Messages that I've Sent. I can see when they've Accepted my Messages or when they've Declined my Messages. I can see when my Messages are Pending when I haven't received any response at all. And of course I can go to my project, and I can keep an eye on which candidates I've sent a message to and which ones have Replied. From here I'm going to continue contacting candidates and engaging in conversations with the ones who have Replied.

If I feel the need to Contact some of these candidates again at another time, I can use my Recruiter Tools to make Notes and set Reminders. And these are the tools that you'll use to maintain communication.

Source: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/learning-linkedin-recruiter/checking-message-status-and-managing-candidates