News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

Saving candidates to a project or clipboard

Started by arif, April 20, 2017, 11:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arif

Saving candidates to a project or clipboard

Now that we have a project and a pretty effective search methodology set up, I can start picking out candidates that I might want to contact. Hopefully I have a lot of candidates to sort through. So I'm going to want to use some organization tools to keep them all sorted. Let's start by picking out some candidates that look promising. So to get a list to start with, I'm going to use one of my saved searches. So I'll go to this button, Saved/History, and I'll start with one of my saved searches. And I want to pick out some people from these search results that I want to take a closer look at.

So let me scroll through here. And all I need to do to select a person is to click on this little box next to their name. So that person's selected. That one's selected. I'll scroll down a bit more, and I'll select these three as well. So ultimately the goal is going to be to add the people that I'm interested in to a project. So I could simply add people one by one to a project by hitting this Save to project button next to their name. And if I roll over the button next to that, there's some other options there as well.

But instead of adding them one by one, I want to have them each selected, and then if I scroll back up to the top, there's a button up here to add them to the project. Now I'm not going to add them to a project yet because I still might want to sort through and maybe eliminate some of the candidates before I do that. So before I put them in a project, I'm going to put them on the clipboard. So I'm going to point at this little + button and a menu opens up, and I'm going to choose Add to clipboard. So now the five people that I have selected are added to the clipboard.

And if I take a look at my menus up at the top of the screen, I can see Clipboard with a little number five on it. That means I have five people on the clipboard. So if I click on that, now I can see the clipboard. Now the clipboard is laid out just like the search results screen, but it only shows me people that I've identified and placed on the clipboard for some reason. From here, I can click on any of these profiles to continue reading more about each of these people. As I'm reading and considering profiles, there are a few recruiting tools that I can use to sort and keep notes and stuff like that.

Those appear up here at the top on the far left. But some of those tools appear in other places as well. So we'll see a few of these tools in a few different locations. Now these tools include the Update me tool. If I hit this button inside of somebody's profile, when they update their profile, I'll get a notification on my Recruiter home page. I have a button right here to add this person to a project if I want. I can add a tag, which will help me for sorting later. And I can add a note.

This is particularly useful if I want to remember something important about this person, I can drop in a note that I can refer to later. And this person won't be able to see the note. It's just a note for me inside of Recruiter. I can attach attachments and I can set up reminders. So if I want to contact this person next Thursday at three o'clock, I can set a reminder for myself to do that. So let's say I want to remove this candidate from my clipboard. Maybe I've found something in his profile that disqualifies him. I could hit this button, Remove from clipboard, but before I do that, it might be a good idea to put in a note so if he comes up in a search again, it'll remind me of why I removed him.

So I'm going to click on Note, and I'll say, type in whatever reason, I'll hit Add, and now that note has been added, and now I can feel free to remove this person from my clipboard. So I'll click on that. And now if I go back to my clipboard, now it only has four people. I can also remove somebody from the clipboard right here. If I select a person by hitting the little box next to their name, there's an X up here that will remove them from the clipboard. But I'm not going to do that right now.

In fact I'll deselect this person. So let's continue looking through these candidates and figure out who I do want to keep. So let's say this candidate looks really good. I don't even have to open her profile. I know that I want to add her to the project. So I could select her just by hitting the box to select her over on the left. Then I can go over where it says Save to project, roll over this button to open up the menu, I'm going to add a note, and I'm going to say, some note there, I'll hit Add, and then if I want, I can save her into my project.

So I'll hit the Save to project button, and I'm going to choose which project I want to save her in, which is the Graphics lead project, and I'm going to leave her status set to New. I could change it if I want, but I want her status to be New and I'm going to hit Add. Now, when you have a person selected here on a search results screen or on the clipboard screen, then you've got these buttons that we've been looking a little bit at up here at the top. If I go to the + button and open up that menu, I have some of those recruiting tools that we saw before.

I can add a tag here and I can add a note from here as well. And of course, with one or multiple people selected, I can add them to a project from here as well. So let me select all of these people just by clicking this box. Now they're all selected. I'm going to hit the Add to projects button. I'm going to choose my Graphics lead project. I'll hit Add. And they've all been added there. So I can add somebody to a project here on the clipboard screen or on a search results screen.

It works the same from either location. So from here, I can go to my project. So I'll go up here to Project. I'm going to go to my Graphics lead project. And now I can see a list of the candidates that I'm targeting for this position. For the most part, this is the list that I'll want to refer to when I'm ready to start contacting candidates. And if I ever want to remove somebody from this project, I can just go into somebody's profile just by clicking on their name, I can see that this person is saved in one of my projects, the Graphics lead project, and if I want to remove her, I can just hit this X to remove her from that project.

So now I should be able to start getting my candidates organized. This list is going to change as you go through the process of contacting candidates and performing more searches. It is a living list. This is a place that you will visit often during your recruiting process.

Source: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/learning-linkedin-recruiter/saving-candidates-to-a-project-or-clipboard