News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

Creating a project in LinkedIN

Started by arif, April 20, 2017, 11:14:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arif

Creating a project in LinkedIN

A big part of working with Recruiter is organizing lots of information. You need to keep track of your recruiting work. Things like the candidates that you found, which ones you've contacted, which ones have replied, and so on. If you're doing general outreach or hiring for one position this might not be so much data to keep track of. But if you're looking for candidates for multiple positions within your company, this can be a huge amount of data. One way that Recruiter simplifies this is by giving you an organizational structure built around projects.

Projects are really versatile in the way that they can store and serve up information. So let's start by making a project. One way to do that would be to go to this menu all the way up at the top of the screen. And I don't need to click on Projects I just need to point at it and the menu opens up. From here I can click on Add Project, or I can click on Your Projects and it takes me to this screen where it shows me all of my existing projects. I have one project here that I created back in the movie on saving searches. Your project list might be empty.

Whether you do it on this page or you do it when you save a search, I think it's a good idea to start creating projects to organizing information for all of your searches. So my Graphics lead project is already set up. So let's create another project just to see how that works. So I'm going to hit this button Create Project up in the top right. And I'll fill in the information. This is going to be for a Media Producer. And then I could fill in a description if I want. There's some other information here, if you want to share this project with other users you could do that.

If you remember, I have a recruiter license that has three seats available. So I might want to share this information with the other people who have seats on my recruiter license. But I'm going to leave that empty for now. All I really need is the name of the project, I'll hit Create Project. And now I've got this new project here. So now I have two projects. And each of these will be where I go to monitor and manage my communication with different candidates. So let me open up my Graphics lead project. I just need to click on this header right here, it opens up and there's not much information here yet.

But as I continue to search for candidates and save information about those candidates, and contact those candidates, all of the information that I need will be visible in this project. But there's one more thing that I want to look at before we wrap up. Here in the graphics lead project, you'll see there's a link that says Search for New Candidates. I'm going to click on that link. When I hit that link to search for new candidates I get a list of results. Even though I did not type any search terms in.

That's because back in the movie on saving searches, I created a save search and I saved it in this project. So by default when I hit the search link from within that project, it performs that save search. So let's see how that works now that I have an existing project. So I'm going to reset just by hitting the Recruiter button up in the top left. And I'm going to perform another search. I'll just do a quick search for media producer. And it's going to search within 10 miles of my zipcode, that's fine.

And I'll perform the search there. So now that I've done this search, I'm going to save it. We saw that earlier in the course, I hit Save Search, I give it a name, and as we saw back in the movie on save searches, you have to save your search in a project. Now back in that movie, we created a new project. That was the only option. But now I do have some existing projects. So if I choose this option that says Choose a Project then I click on this field, it shows me a list of all of my projects.

So I'm going to choose Media Producer, and then I'm going to hit Save. And now it saved that search in my Media Producer project. So now if I go back to My Projects, I click on my Media Producer project. If I hit Search for New Candidates here it's going to perform the same search that I've linked to that project. So before you get too far into the search process, you really should create some projects.

In fact, there are some things that you will not be able to do without tying it to a project. So go ahead and get your projects set up to organize your candidate searches.

Source: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/learning-linkedin-recruiter/creating-a-project