News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

Saving searches and managing saved searches in LinkedIn

Started by arif, April 20, 2017, 11:13:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arif

Saving searches and managing saved searches in LinkedIn

In this movie I'm continuing with the same search results that I had at the end of the movie on searching for candidates. That's because I want to talk about saving searches. After spending so much time figuring out the right search terms and tweaking filters, you should probably save your search so that you can come back and check those search results later. And of course there may be more or different candidates to fit within your search criteria next week. So up at the top of the search results page, I want to look at these options that say Save Search, and Save Custom Filter. And I want to start by saving the search.

So I'm just going to click on this option, and I'll give it a name. Now of course we're saving the search string that we have up here that we did in the previous movie. But not only the search string, also all of the filters that have been applied to it. So I'm going to call this Graphics lead. Next to save a search it must be saved in a project. Now we have not talked about projects yet but we will get more into them in a separate movie. A project is where you can organize all of the information related to a specific search. Some people who are responsible for hiring multiple positions might make a project for each position that they're hiring for.

So for now I am going to create a new project and I'll call this Graphics lead. And we'll see more information about this project when we get to the chapter on working with projects. Now finally you can decide if you want to receive alerts related to the search. If you leave this turned on, then Recruiter will monitor this search and it will give you a notification on the Recruiter homepage if new people meet this search criteria later. So I'm going to leave this option set to Yes and I'm going to save this.

So now I've saved that search. Now we're going to look at our list of saved searches in just a minute, but first, I also want to save a custom filter. Now the custom filter pertains to the settings that you adjusted here on the left side of the search results to filter down your search results to specific criteria. Saving a custom filter does not save the initial search string, just the filters. So maybe you want all of your candidates for any position you're hiring for, to all have three to five years of experience, and a Bachelors degree, and to be located in Santa Barbara.

I can save those custom filters, and apply those filters to other searches. Whether I'm hiring a graphics lead, a marketing manager, a media producer, whatever. So to save a custom filter, we go back up to the top and we look for this button that says Save Custom Filter, click on that, and I'll give it a name. So I'll call this Santa Barbara 3-5 Years Bachelors, and I'll hit Submit. And now that custom filter has been saved. So now we're in good shape and I can feel free to reset this search.

I could hit the Reset button up here at the top and that will clear my search. Or I could go to the Recruiter homepage and that will clear my search. Now as time goes on I'll start to see updates here on my homepage related to that saved search because I told it to show me notifications. But if I need to see the actual search results for that search, what I could do is go up this button that says Saved/History click on that. And this is a list of all of the saved searches that I've saved.

And now I've only saved one so far but I can see that one is listed right here. If you save multiple save searches, they'll all be listed here. And If I click on Check New Results next to one of my saved searches, it'll give me the results for that search. Or what if I want to do another search completely but I want to apply those custom filters to it? Well first I'll reset this search, then I'll go into the search field and I'll put in a search string. So I want to search for a media producer. Now I currently don't have my location set so let my plug that in.

United States, I'll put in my zipcode. And I'll search within 10 miles. And when I'm ready I'll hit Go to perform this search. So I've got 20 results here but let me further filter that down by going up here to the top where it says Custom Filters. When I point my mouse at that it opens a menu and I can choose that custom filter that I created. And it filters it down to only one search result. So this is an extremely targeted search, I might want to make some adjustments if this were a real search.

But you can see how this works. So you should start building out your own saved searches and custom filters. Which you can leverage as you continue to search for candidates for this position or other positions in the future. If you decide you need to get rid of any of these saved searches or filters, here's what you do. First for the saved search, you go back to Saved/History, click on where it says See All up at the top. The you can remove an individual saved search by hitting the little x next to it over here on the right.

Now I'm not going to do that. So I'm going to go back to the recruiter homepage, and let me do a quick search because I want to get back on the search results screen. To remove any custom filter you might have saved, you would go up here to the top where it says Custom Filters, it opens up this menu, and then you've got an option here to delete custom filters. You just select the one you want to delete, and then hit delete. And again, I don't want to do that so for now I'm just going to close this.

It can really take a lot of work to figure out that perfect criteria for your candidate search. Don't repeat that work if you don't have to. Use save searches and custom filters so you can do all of your primary adjustments up front, and then make smaller tweaks for specific searches.

Source: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/learning-linkedin-recruiter/saving-searches-and-managing-saved-searches