News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

Developing and leveraging your personal brand by LinkedIn

Started by arif, April 20, 2017, 11:11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arif

Developing and leveraging your personal brand by LinkedIn

Before we jump in to using Recruiter, I want to share an important note. Even though the Recruiter account is separate from your own LinkedIn profile, they are linked. As I mentioned in a previous movie, any communications you send through Recruiter will come from your own LinkedIn profile. So maintaining your own personal brand is extremely important here. I'm going to click back over to my LinkedIn profile. When I send messages to candidates on Recruiter, whether they're conversation starters or invitations for personal meetings or interviews, those people I communicate with are very likely to click on my name and take a good look at my profile to decide if they feel confident discussing their career opportunities with me.

Most of the messages you send to candidates on Recruiter will be blind in-mail messages. So these people are very likely going to do some research to find out what they can about the person messaging them. So in my profile, It's important that I represent myself as a professional. And that I appear to be a strong representative of my company. And that starts with a high quality photo and a clear job title and engaging summary, and it continues throughout the rest of my profile. Candidates who view my profile will scrutinize my experience, my education, my skills, my awards and endorsements, as much as I will scrutinize their profile as a recruiter.

Also remember that your message and your LinkedIn profile are likely going to be the first impression that these candidates have of both you and your company. So I recommend you take a look at the other LinkedIn courses here on lynda.com and spend plenty of time constructing a professional LinkedIn profile, that represents yourself and your company, before you begin to view profiles and send messages on Recruiter. Also spend some time with your Twitter presence, your Google+ profile, and be sure you know what comes up in a standard Google search when somebody searches for your name.

It's important to get off on the right foot when you begin to communicate with candidates that you hope to recruit for a job with your company.

Source: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/learning-linkedin-recruiter/developing-and-leveraging-your-personal-brand