News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

Understanding how your LinkedIn account relates to Recruiter

Started by arif, April 20, 2017, 11:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arif

Understanding how your LinkedIn account relates to Recruiter

When you have a license for LinkedIn Recruiter, it's a separate service from your normal LinkedIn account with a separate access point. You can get to it easily after logging into your standard LinkedIn account, but it's important to recognize the separation between the two. I'm here at my normal LinkedIn home page, or rather the home page for the account that I'm using for this course. As I look through this page, we see the typical things that we would see on the news feed of any person's main LinkedIn page. And, of course, because this is my account, I can go into Improve Your Profile, and I can edit any of this information here.

What you don't see is anything about the Recruiter Service. In fact, the only thing related to Recruiter is a link up here in the top right that says, "Go To Recruiter." Now if you don't have access to any of the premium LinkedIn services, then this will say, "Try Premium" instead of "Go to Recruiter." But I have the account all set up so I'm going to click on Go To Recruiter. And now I'm on the Recruiter home page which is a completely different page with completely different tools.

To be clear, this opened up in a separate browser tab so I can easily jump back to my normal LinkedIn page or over to the LinkedIn Recruiter page just by clicking between these two tabs. So I usually like to leave both of these tabs open as I work in Recruiter so I can get back to my normal LinkedIn page if I need to. Here on the Recruiter page, I do see an icon with my picture on it up in the top right corner. Without clicking on that, I can point my mouse at that picture and it opens up a menu.

So my company has purchased a license for Recruiter so the contract is associated with my company. That's why I see this line Contract: Lynda-Corp Recruiter. My company has a certain number of seats related to this contract and one of those seats has been assigned to me. So I can access Recruiter here as a representative of my company. So the important thing to remember here is that even though I may not own this Recruiter account, maybe my company owns it, my activity will still have my name on it.

When I send messages to candidates, those messages will come from me, and users will be able to link back to my LinkedIn account. So I'm representing my company and myself when I interact with people on Recruiter. There are a few other important options in this menu. I can sign out of my account, of course. If you did not leave the tab open with your LinkedIn profile page, you can link back to that from right here. And this training link is quite helpful. This will take you to a LinkedIn training page where you can find even more tools to help you learn Recruiter.

Finally, there's one more thing that I want to look at. I'm going to go over to this option up here at the top that says More. Depending on your account options, you may have a link here that says Admin Settings. If you have Admin Settings, you can get some tools for adminstrating your Recruiter license. So I'm going to click on that. Here I have some important information about my Recruiter account. I can see the number of InMail credits I have. I can see the number of Job Slots I have, and I can see the number of projects that I can create in this Recruiter account.

I can see that my account allows for three seats which means that three users can access Recruiter through this account. Currently, two of those seats are taken which means I have one remaining seat available. And down at the bottom, I can see the users that have been assigned seats and I can assign any remaining seats to other users. I can just hit Add Seat Holder. No, I'm not going to assign a seat now, but you can see something important here. If you have been allocated a seat with your company's Recruiter contract, but you are not set as an administrator, then you won't have access to any of these tools.

If you need any of the information or you need to adjust any of the settings here in the Admin tools, then you'll need to contact your company's administrator to do that. Okay, so those are the important account settings that I wanted to see. To get back to the main Recruiter home page at any time, you just need to click on the word Recruiter up here near the top left, and that takes me back to the Recruiter home page. This will be your starting point whenever you use Recruiter.

Source: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/learning-linkedin-recruiter/understanding-how-your-linkedin-account-relates-to-recruiter