News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

Overcome candidate objections

Started by arif, April 20, 2017, 10:59:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arif

Overcome candidate objections

Do you ever dread talking to candidates because they all give you the same objections and reasons for not utilizing your services, and you're basically just tired of all the rejection? Technical recruiting is a sales profession, and there is going to be rejection, there is going to be disappointments. But you have a choice to make. You can either overcome the objections or you can hang up the phone and make your next phone call, and you and I both know that's not a very effective method. So what I would like to do today is go over the four categories of objections that you're going to face as a tech recruiter.

The first category of objection is a service objection, and an example of that could be, I worked with a tech recruiter before and they were a total waste of my time. When someone gives you an objection, you can't say, well that's not important, that's not right. You've got to basically give them the pride of authorship and let them know, you know what, I can understand why you feel that way, let me explain.

Source: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/technical-recruiting/overcome-candidate-objections