News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

An overview of AdWords

Started by Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU), April 20, 2017, 08:39:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU)

An overview of AdWords

- Billions of times per day, people turn to Google to look up an answer to a question, discover a new place to visit, find solutions to their problems, and look for products to buy. Google calls these the "I want to know," "I want to go," "I want to do," and "I want to buy" moments. I prefer to instead consider these a consumer mindset. Every business can solve one or more of these mindsets. A customer that wants to know, well you can tell them. If they want to go, you can take them. If they want to do, show them how. And if they want to buy, you can sell them.

You are the "I can tell you," "I can take you," "I can show you," "I can sell you" answer to those moments. AdWords is Google's online advertising platform and it's built to put you in front of a potential customer at the right time with the right message when they're in the right mindset. You'll be creating ads for your business and choosing when you want them to appear in Google or next to relevant search results. The concept is fairly simple. You identify words that are relevant to your products or services, and then AdWords shows your ad on Google when someone searches for these or related words.

Let's walk through a scenario together. I'm going to visit Google.com and run a search for eyeglass repair. Now if you've seen some of my other videos, you know I wear glasses. What you might not know is I'm notorious for breaking them. So in this case I'm actually looking for an eyeglass repair facility. So once I hit search, Google's going to comb through billions of webpages, blogs, and other listings to find the ones most relevant to my search for eyeglass repair. Now Google happens to know my location and it's determined that this service is something that might be valuable to find locally.

So here at the top of Google results are some locations that are here in Santa Barbara. Now these listings don't have an ad label next to them, which indicates to me that they are organic results. People didn't pay to put these listings here. Now you will notice on the right hand side there is the yellow icon labeled ads, and these are all paid placements. Now, look at this number here at the top of this screen. It says about 716,000 results. When you think about that many results, you'll come to the realization that a tiny fraction of eyeglass repair businesses are going to be among the top few page of results.

And that's where AdWords comes in. AdWords gives your business visibility even if your website is not in the top result. AdWords can help get your business to appear on Google in front of many potential customers. And it's not just any customer, it's the right customer. In this example, I'm ready to get help fixing my glasses. And here on the right hand side, the ad that jumps out to me might be this one that says, "If we can't repair it, nobody can. Get $5 off your first repair order." Well, that sounds pretty good.

And they've got a special deal for me and so I might be inclined to click on that ad and ignore everything that's going on here on the left hand side of the screen. Now this advertiser has done a pretty good job creating this message. They've likely tested variations of this ad copy and headlines to find the combination that works best, and this is what we'll be learning in this course. How to produce an advertisement similar to this, that appears in front of the right audience, has the right messaging, and can be tracked so you can see the full value of your effort. So a user's going to search, click your ad, and if you've done your job right, they become your customer.

Now I've shown you how Google AdWords looks on the desktop, but one thing I want to stress before we go any further, is that consumers are increasingly picking up their smartphones for answers. In fact, more Google searches take place on mobile devices than on computers in 10 countries including the US and Japan. This presents a tremendous opportunity for marketers to reach people throughout all the new touch points of a consumer's path to purchase. With that said, I'll be focusing a lot of my attention on how to take advantage of the mobile market as we continue through this course.

https://www.linkedin.com/learning/google-adwords-essential-training-2/an-overview-of-adwords
Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU)
Asst. Administrative Officer and Apprentice
Daffodil International University
102/1, Shukrabad, Mirpur Road, Dhanmondi, Dhaka-1207.
Cell: +8801671-041005, +8801812-176600
Email: reyed.a@daffodilvarsity.edu.bd