News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

Pre-close throughout the interviewing process

Started by arif, April 20, 2017, 12:48:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arif

Pre-close throughout the interviewing process

I once placed a single mom in an opportunity with one of her targeted companies. The company offered her a 25% increase in salary, better benefits, excellent schools for her three children, and a relocation back to the city where her family resided. You could imagine my excitement. I couldn't wait to pick up the phone and extend the offer, only to be shocked and disappointed when she rejected the offer and gave me no explanation. I know you feel my pain. I later learned that her boss found out she was interviewing, so he offered her a huge promotion and a raise, and you and I could almost predict what happens next, right? 90 days later she was fired when a replacement was hired, and the offer I had for her was no longer on the table.

Now, I took some responsibility for this, because this was the day I learned the importance of preclosing throughout the entire interviewing process. In order to become a strong closer, we have got to eliminate the element of surprise. Again, we have people on both sides of our sales.

Source: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/interviewing-a-job-candidate-for-recruiters/pre-close-throughout-the-interviewing-process