News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

The impact of timing

Started by arif, April 20, 2017, 12:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arif

The impact of timing

I originally worked in the real estate profession, and for years I was told to remember the importance of location, location, location. When I entered the staffing and recruiting profession, I realized location did impact decisions, but more importantly, decisions were driven by timing, timing, timing. You could speak to a prospective candidate one day and they have absolutely no interest in taking your call, or talking to you. Then this same person calls you back the next day because someone else got the promotion they felt was theirs.

And now their job search is their top priority. You and I are going to deal with timing throughout the entire recruiting, interviewing, and hiring process. And I believe that is why I never hear the word no when I'm interacting with candidates or clients. I always hear not yet. Because I know for a fact that most people are not going to retire from their current company. If they are not interested in utilizing my services now, I know they will reconsider at some point in their career.

Source: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/interviewing-a-job-candidate-for-recruiters/the-impact-of-timing