News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

Review patterns, habits, and behaviors

Started by arif, April 20, 2017, 12:36:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arif

Review patterns, habits, and behaviors

Have you ever wondered why you react certain ways throughout your day? I'm sure this morning when you jumped in the shower, you didn't look at yourself and go, gee, what do I wash first? And guys, you didn't get in front of a mirror and go, gee, what side of my face do I shave first? You're pretty much on automatic pilot for most of your waking hours, and the interesting thing is, so are the candidates that you interview. When you're reviewing their relevant behaviors and a candidate's past, it can be an indicator of future performance, but only if you put them into a similar situation.

If your candidate is making a major career change, an industry or profession change, their past successful performance does not necessarily predict future success. A successful person can under perform if they're placed in the wrong opportunity, or if you place somebody in a company culture that they don't fit in with, or they're working for the wrong supervisor. You and I both know most people don't quit a job, they quit their supervisor, so during your interview.

Source: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/interviewing-a-job-candidate-for-recruiters/review-patterns-habits-and-behaviors