News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

Identify mandatory vs. flexible credentials

Started by arif, April 20, 2017, 12:35:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arif

Identify mandatory vs. flexible credentials

Have you ever felt the job you're attempting to recruit and interview for should've been titled Mission: Impossible? I want to step back for a moment and let's just look at the process of actually obtaining the requisition. Job descriptions are necessary for you and I because we need to establish the duties and responsibilities needed. They can be used to set the requirements for a position, and our employers use them to maintain performance expectations from the people they hire. However, you and I both know many job descriptions are lengthy, they're specific, but they're not updated.

Some hiring authorities will split out primary skills and experience required to be considered for the position. They might also list recommended or desirable skills separately. But unfortunately, most don't do that. The necessary and desirable skills are often listed together for the following two reasons. Hiring authorities write as much detail as possible in a job description because they don't know who you and I can attract.

Source: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/interviewing-a-job-candidate-for-recruiters/identify-mandatory-vs-flexible-credentials