News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

How Do I Find A Job When Nobody Is Hiring?

Started by Badshah Mamun, June 21, 2012, 12:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badshah Mamun

How Do I Find A Job When Nobody Is Hiring?

Which word best defines today's economy?

A.      Downsizing

B.      Layoffs

C.      Mergers

D.      Outsourcing

E.       All of the  above

In the morning paper and on the evening news, these buzzwords have become synonymous with the Great Recession, a time of chronically high unemployment with no end in sight. 

Businesses continue to scale back, leery of increasing taxes, regulations and mandates that have them hamstrung.  Making matters worse is that the unemployment rate, typically a lagging indicator of recovery, is likely to deteriorate before it improves.

It is often said that perception is reality, which is why it seems like nobody is hiring. The reality is that nobody is advertising, but there are jobs.  The key to finding those jobs is to seek out not jobs but business opportunities.

While employers will move away from hiring people in the traditional 9-to-5 sense, there is actually an uptick in independent contracting or business-to-business relationships that limit a company's exposure to the rising costs of health care, workers' compensation, litigation and disability.

Searching classifieds, enduring cattle calls and answering questions that have nothing to do with your ability aren't going to land you your dream job.  Rather, consider the following:

?         What talents do I have?

?         How can I put those talents to work?

?         How can someone benefit from what I have to offer?

?         How much am I willing to risk for more personal freedom?

?         What price would I pay for a better home/work balance?

As an individual looking for a job, you have the power to create the product to present to the potential employer from the perspective of a self-starting entrepreneur.   By actively seeking out decision makers in venues such as Rotary clubs, chambers of commerce or trade organizations, you are taking steps to move to the front of the line. By devising solutions and positioning yourself as a business partner willing to absorb some costs and risks traditionally borne by employers, you have become the embodiment of what will define employment in the 21st century

In my own situation, I saw a 20-year career fall apart as a bank too big to fail nearly fell into the abyss. Despite the overwhelming odds, I used the knowledge I had gained during my tenure to develop multiple business solutions, which are being sold to a variety of organizations looking to decrease costs while increasing productivity and income. This success came because I recognized the changing economy and understood that my full-time job was to identify new revenue streams.

Through the prism of history we have seen recession followed by prosperity time and time again.  People who take great risks may reap great rewards. Carpe diem is Latin for "seize the day" and that day is now, for businesses and individuals alike, to begin their quest for a more prosperous and successful tomorrow.

Source: http://www.careerbuilder.com/Article/CB-1708-Job-Search-Strategies-How-Do-I-Find-A-Job-When-Nobody-Is-Hiring/

Md. Abdullah-Al-Mamun (Badshah)
Member, Skill Jobs
operation@skill.jobs
www.skill.jobs