News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

The key account management process

Started by arif, April 19, 2017, 01:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arif

The key account management process

To setup a key account program, follow these steps. First, you need to decide which accounts are key. Now, it may seem obvious that you'll select only your largest accounts, but as you'll see later, that's not necessarily true. Instead, you'll develop a set of rigorous criteria that an account must meet to be considered key. Size of the account may not be as important as other criteria. Once you've selected your key accounts, it's time to create a vision, mission, and strategic focus for your key account management program.

Now, it may seem odd to develop your strategy only after selecting key accounts. Now, wouldn't it make more sense to develop a strategy first, then select accounts that can help you achieve that strategy? Well, there's some truth to that. I like the other way around, though, better, and here's why. I prefer to know the size and depth of my key account program ahead of time. How many accounts do I have to manage? And what is the depth of my opportunity and risk in those accounts? Now, armed with that information.

Source: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/key-account-management/the-key-account-management-process[/size]