News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

Create a website

Started by Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU), April 19, 2017, 01:02:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU)

Create a website

Having a website's really important for anybody who's on YouTube for a number of reasons. First of all, I just think it gives you a lot more credibility. It gives users another place to go to learn more about you. A place that you have complete control over, so anything that you want your users to know about you, you can put it on your website. So it really increases your credibility. It also is a great opportunity for you to embed your YouTube videos on your website. So, when we talk about ranking and search engines, you can name your video whatever you want and add the description on YouTube. But, then you can also embed that video on on your website.

And, you can tweak the title of the article that you're posting on the website with your embedded video just a little bit, add some text, so that you rank for different keywords. Certain ones your YouTube video ranks for, and then certain ones your website article ranks for, and either way, they're finding your YouTube video. So, it's a really important aspect, having that kind of duality between your website and your YouTube channel. It also allows you to make a little bit more money. Because, if somebody is watching your video on your website, they're going to see the ads that roll into your YouTube video. But, then if you have banner adds, or affiliate programs, or even selling a product, or a service on your website, they're also going to see that.

So, you can also kind of increase your revenue a little bit by having all your YouTube videos also embedded on your website. And, one thing that I think is really important, if you do have a website, you want to make sure that you're linking back to your website in all of your YouTube videos, either with annotations in the actual video, themself, or at least in the description. When I first started on YouTube, I remember my biggest referrer to my website was Facebook and Twitter, a lot of the other social networks. As soon as I started putting my website in the description of my videos on YouTube, YouTube skyrocketed to be my top referrer, hands down.

So it drove a lot of traffic to my website and my website draws a lot of traffic back to YouTube, so they can really, really work well together. And, I actually have a great example of this on my website. I have a video that I uploaded to YouTube, and I entitled it Legit Ways to Make Money Online. But, on my website, I tweaked that title a little but, and I called it Anyone Can Make Money Online. So, I did research on these two key phrases, they get high traffic and they have low competition. So, now matter what the user searches they're going to find that video one way or another, either directly on YouTube, or on my website.

You also want to make sure that when you're doing this that you're adding at least 300, 350 words of text to the article, because that's also going to help you rank higher in search engines. Make sure that the text is either what the video's about, or you can even transcribe your video, but just make sure that it has key words that are related to your video. So, that you can again, rank higher in search engines. And, any time that we talk about this much content, all the videos on YouTube, all of your articles on the website. I always like to mention that make sure you are backing your stuff up. I always hear horror stories about people losing all of their content if something goes wrong.

So, any video you upload to YouTube, make sure that you keep that project file, and make sure that you're doing regular backups of your website's database as well. It's really, really important.

Source: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/top-5-tips-for-youtube-channel/create-a-website
Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU)
Asst. Administrative Officer and Apprentice
Daffodil International University
102/1, Shukrabad, Mirpur Road, Dhanmondi, Dhaka-1207.
Cell: +8801671-041005, +8801812-176600
Email: reyed.a@daffodilvarsity.edu.bd