News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

Introduction to Twitter ads

Started by Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU), April 19, 2017, 12:58:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU)

Introduction to Twitter ads

- Twitter's advertising platform is one of the most powerful ways you can advertise online and create brand awareness for your business. What makes it so powerful? Its number of users. Twitter has 300 million monthly active users, and these users send over 500 million tweets every single day, and your customers and prospects are among these 300 million people. Twitter Ads allows you to advertise to them directly in a meaningful way while growing your business and brand awareness. In this course, I'll be using the example of Topsy Turvy Cake Design. Here we are on their home timeline.

So what makes Twitter Ads so powerful? First of all, it's the ability to connect in real time. You can participate in conversations taking place at the very moment that they occur. When we talk about connecting real time, you can see, for example, this trending topics box and are able to see the latest tweets that were just sent out on the specific topics of interest on Twitter. The second way Twitter Ads are so powerful is that they allow you to connect with context. So on Twitter, people talk about things that are meaningful to them in real time.

This gives you powerful context to connect your message to what's most meaningful to your customers. Let's look at an example. I'm going to type in cake recipe. Here are the results. So we have promoted tweets, such as this one showing up. We have promoted accounts, trends, all that apply to our cake recipe search query. And so here you see the Who to follow, the Trends, and then these are the various tweets that are related to our cake recipe query as you can see here.

That is what I mean when I talk about context. Lastly, and most importantly, Twitter Ads help to grow and build your brand. In this example, you see that Jimmy Johns is displayed in the Who to follow box at the top. These are suggestions for accounts to follow, specifically for Topsy Turvy. As these brands show up as a suggested account, people are more likely to follow them and interact with their content. This form of advertising is amplifying their existing marketing efforts.

One thing to note is that a quick way of identifying ads is by the promoted icon right here underneath them. So I showed you some examples of the ways Twitter ads show up in your news feed. I recommend you go through yours and try to spot all the different ways advertisers get in front of you.

Source: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/twitter-marketing-advertising/introduction-to-twitter-ads
Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU)
Asst. Administrative Officer and Apprentice
Daffodil International University
102/1, Shukrabad, Mirpur Road, Dhanmondi, Dhaka-1207.
Cell: +8801671-041005, +8801812-176600
Email: reyed.a@daffodilvarsity.edu.bd