News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

Finding your personal motivation for lasting change

Started by Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU), April 18, 2017, 10:45:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU)

Finding your personal motivation for lasting change

- What would you do if you had an extra 10 hours per week? Pause for a moment and ponder that question. If you had an extra two hours every work day, how would you reinvest that time? Would it be on hobbies? Would it be on friend and family? Would you reinvest it to further develop your career? One of the critical elements in becoming more productive and mastering time management is to have a strong motivation in mind. So I invite you to carefully consider this question. If you had an extra 10 hours per week, how would you spend the time? This motivation is a vision of the future.

What you will do or what life will look like once you've reached a certain point. It's my experience that those who follow this course get a similar result. They gain at least an extra 10 hours per week of increased productivity in their schedule. So, before we go through the process of getting that time, I would like you to decide, right now, what you'll do with that time once you get it. Right your answer down. When I have an extra 10 hours a week, I will and then fill in the blank.

Then, put that in a prominent place where you can see it. As you go through this training, continually look back at that question and remember your personal motivation. There are going to be moments where you find what I ask you to do to be a bit challenging. A little bit challenging is necessary for growth, right? So whenever you feel challenged, and maybe a little inclined to not complete the course, look back at that answer you posted and remember your vision of the future, of what you'll do with the extra time you'll uncover.

Regularly refer back to your motivation and the likelihood of your follow through will increase.

Effective time management is an indispensable skill. Best-selling author and business coach Dave Crenshaw lays the theoretical and practical foundations for managing your time and becoming more productive. Learn how to get more done in the shortest time possible and avoid the obstacles and distractions that can get in the way of good time management. Dave gives practical strategies for increasing productivity in three main areas: developing habits to be more organized and reducing clutter in your workspace; staying mentally on task and eliminate the to-dos you have floating in your head; and developing a time budget to get the most done during your workday and focus on your most valuable activities. Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.

Source: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/time-management-fundamentals/finding-your-personal-motivation-for-lasting-change
Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU)
Asst. Administrative Officer and Apprentice
Daffodil International University
102/1, Shukrabad, Mirpur Road, Dhanmondi, Dhaka-1207.
Cell: +8801671-041005, +8801812-176600
Email: reyed.a@daffodilvarsity.edu.bd