News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

Work/Life: Possible To Have It All?

Started by arif, April 18, 2017, 05:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arif

The answer, from career experts and those who have successfully meshed their personal and professional lives, is a resounding yes. By carefully considering your values, interests and priorities, you can, as Taguchi says, "explore, research and discover the industries, job functions and organizations that can potentially give you those. You then develop your marketing strategy and job/career action plan to get yourself connected to those opportunities or to create them."

Knowing what matters is vital to creating a work/life balance. Except for traveling for emergency or special projects, "I do not want to relocate to further my career," Sarc emphasizes. "I'm 10 minutes from home." Sarc sees a link between his mental and physical health and commuting. "I'm not willing to sacrifice four hours a day commuting just to have a higher managerial position or more money. Those four hours not spent commuting more than make up for my having a better mental attitude and better health."

Source: https://goo.gl/oPZEqu