News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

Learn finger gestures From the- iPhone and iPad Essential Trainin

Started by Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU), April 18, 2017, 12:13:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU)

Learn finger gestures From the- iPhone and iPad Essential Trainin

-One of the most important skills you need to really use your iOS device like a pro is to understand finger gestures. The majority of the actions you'll perform with your device are accomplished by tapping, sliding, rotating, or pinching your fingers on the screen. In this video, I want to go over the basic moves. There are only a few of them but they're part of the DNA of using iOS devices, and it's essential to really learn them well. So, the most basic gesture is the tap, and that's just what it sounds like. You tap a part of the screen to perform some action. A complete tap includes both when you touch the screen and when you lift your finger off the screen.

You don't want to hold down too long on certain buttons or else you may activate a different feature or option. For example, I can tap on any of these applications to run them, like Photos. So, here I'm looking at my photo library. We'll cover how to get pictures into your device a little bit later. Here, I can select the album I want to look at by, again, tapping it, and now I'm looking at thumbnails of all the photos in this album. The next gesture is the drag, and again, this is just what is sounds like. To browse these photos, I keep my finger in contact with the screen, and drag the thumbnails up and down.

Now, if I run out of room as I'm dragging down, I just lift my finger, and start dragging near the top of the screen again. Now closely associated with the drag gesture is the flick. Dragging over and over again like this can get really tedious, especially if you have a lot of content to scroll through. In those cases, lift your finger off the screen as you reach the end of the drag. Notice the content on the screen continues to move. The greatest thing about flicking is that it's speed-sensitive, so I can flick slowly to browse at a leisurely pace, or if I know the photo I want to look at is somewhere near the top, I can flick quickly, and the thumbnails go speeding by.

Of course I can flick in the other direction too. Now here's a tip about scrolling in most iOS applications. If you tap the top of the screen where the time is displayed, you'll instantly scroll to the very top of the page. This doesn't work in every single app, but many of them do work this way. Now I'll select a photo by tapping it. The next gesture is the pinch. This is when you touch two fingers, usually your thumb and index finger to the screen, and either separate them, which as you can see zooms in on the photo, or you can bring them back together, which zooms back out.

We'll refer to this as pinching in and pinching out. While zoomed in on a photo, notice I can use the drag gesture, as well as the flick. If I'm not zoomed in, dragging and flicking takes me from photo to photo. So now we understand the tap, the drag, the flick, and pinching in and out, which are really the most basic and commonly used gestures on iOS devices. Now there are additional variations on these moves. For example, a quick double-tab on an item often zooms in on it.

Here in Photos, it zooms in on the picture. But if I press my home button and open up my Browser, and if you're browsing a website in Safari, double-tapping a column of text zooms into that text, or double tapping a photo zooms into that photo. There's also multi-finger tapping which appears in apps like Maps. Here, double-tapping zooms in like we would expect, but to zoom out, you singe-tap with two fingers. Pinching in and out is also available here as well.

Some apps require you not to tap, but to touch and hold an on-screen button to make it work. For example, if I touch and hold on any of the icons on my home screen, that puts them into organization mode, where I can drag the icons from location to location to rearrange them as I like. For now I'll just press the home button to turn that off. Now if you have an iPhone 6 or later, if you press down on an icon here instead of just touching it, you may get additional options due to the 3D Touch feature that can detect the amount of pressure you're using on the screen, and we'll talk about that in its own movie.

You may come across other options that iPhone app developers have programmed into their apps, like two-finger dragging, two-finger rotating, and so on. On the iPad, with its larger screen, you can even use four and five finger gestures. Generally you'll be taught which gestures to use by the instructions that come with the app. So, there you have the basic finger gestures you'll need to know to really use iOS devices efficiently. We'll look more closely at various gestures as we work with specific applications.

Source: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/ios-10-iphone-and-ipad-essential-training/learn-finger-gestures
Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU)
Asst. Administrative Officer and Apprentice
Daffodil International University
102/1, Shukrabad, Mirpur Road, Dhanmondi, Dhaka-1207.
Cell: +8801671-041005, +8801812-176600
Email: reyed.a@daffodilvarsity.edu.bd