News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

Be tactical From the course: Guy Kawasaki on How to Rock Social Media

Started by Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU), April 18, 2017, 12:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU)

Be tactical From the course: Guy Kawasaki on How to Rock Social Media

- So we just talked about a higher level of perfecting your posts. Now, let's get a little lower. Let's be tactical. First thing is you have to be consistent and active. You can't post 20 times one day and then go a week and not post at all. You have to always be out there. You have to be in people's faces all the time, not so much that you overwhelm them, but they need to know that you're there. You're a constant source of great content. Let's talk about the tactical, practical, and great lengths of posts because every social media service is a little bit different.

So I think for Google+ and for Facebook it's two or three sentences. This is where you introduce something that is a curation, that you're introducing a story that is someone else's story. Two to three sentences do that. In Twitter, because of its 140 character limit at all, I think you should keep it down to about 100 characters because you always want to leave space for people to add their little two cents as they retweet your tweet. And finally, for the kinds of content that you are actually creating as opposed to curating, there you have a 500 to 1,000 word limit.

Think of this as kind of a blog. It really is a blog. Google+, Facebook, LinkedIn can be a blog so 500 to 1,000 words for those. The last point here about tactical is to be sure you always choose the right size graphic for every post on every platform. This adds to your work, no question, but it just makes your graphics much more effective. Don't assume that people are always looking at your post on a desktop.

It could be on a tablet; it could be on a phone. If you pay attention to the right sizes for each platform, your post and its picture will look good on all platforms. Now, I'm really hammering on optimal sizes in pictures. It's because I've seen that if you add a picture to your post, you will roughly double engagement. I think that every post you make should have a picture or a video, and if you're going to do it, do it right.

Choose the right sizes. In the famous words of Steve Jobs, "One more thing." Let me give you one more tip about perfect posts and optimizing graphics. I'm the chief evangelist of a company called Canva, and Canva is this online graphic design service. It enables you to create just beautiful graphics so fast, so simple, so easy. Check out Canva. It will definitely help your social media posts to use Canva for your graphics.

Source: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/guy-kawasaki-on-how-to-rock-social-media/be-tactical
Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU)
Asst. Administrative Officer and Apprentice
Daffodil International University
102/1, Shukrabad, Mirpur Road, Dhanmondi, Dhaka-1207.
Cell: +8801671-041005, +8801812-176600
Email: reyed.a@daffodilvarsity.edu.bd