News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

Portable storage devices- Computer Literacy for Windows 10

Started by Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU), April 18, 2017, 12:02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU)

Portable storage devices- Computer Literacy for Windows 10

Another common device you'll most likely use at some point or another is an external hard drive or storage device. An external drive can be a simple flash or thumb drive like this one. These typically plug into your computer's USB port, and you can currently get them in capacities from around two gigabytes up to 512 gigabytes. For significantly more storage space, you'll have to go with an external hard drive like this one. These also can connect your PC via USB. They often require that you plug them into their own power outlet as well, although you will find some models that are powered through the USB port. So using an external hard drive or thumb drive is simply a matter of plugging it into your PC.

In fact, I have a thumb drive here, that I'm just going to plug into my computer's USB port. After a moment, you should see an alert appear that says to click to determine what to do with removable drives. So I'll click that. Basically, Windows is asking what you want to do with this storage device it's detected.

Having basic computer skills is a significant asset in today's modern world. Computers keep us connected to family and friends and help us do our jobs. Learn how to use a computer comfortably, while improving learning and productivity. This course focuses on the Microsoft Windows 10 operating system and offers a thorough, jargon-free introduction to computers, files and folders, networks, and peripherals like printers and keyboards. Garrick Chows also covers basic skills for working with software applications, the Internet, and email.

Source: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/computer-literacy-for-windows-10/portable-storage-devices
Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU)
Asst. Administrative Officer and Apprentice
Daffodil International University
102/1, Shukrabad, Mirpur Road, Dhanmondi, Dhaka-1207.
Cell: +8801671-041005, +8801812-176600
Email: reyed.a@daffodilvarsity.edu.bd