News:

Skill.jobs Forum is an open platform (a board of discussions) where all sorts of knowledge-based news, topics, articles on Career, Job Industry, employment and Entrepreneurship skills enhancement related issues for all groups of individual/people such as learners, students, jobseekers, employers, recruiters, self-employed professionals and for business-forum/professional-associations.  It intents of empowering people with SKILLS for creating opportunities, which ultimately pursue the motto of Skill.jobs 'Be Skilled, Get Hired'

Acceptable and Appropriate topics would be posted by the Moderator of Skill.jobs Forum.

Main Menu

What To Do When Someone Views Your LinkedIn Profile

Started by Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU), April 17, 2017, 12:26:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU)

What To Do When Someone Views Your LinkedIn Profile

Is It Acceptable to Contact Someone Who Views Your Profile?
Reaching out to viewers with whom you have a logical connection will seem more natural than doing so when it's a random person with no obvious reason to look at your profile. For example, you might have graduated from the same college in the same time period or with a similar major. Maybe you shared a previous employer (at different times or in different locations), lived in the same area, have lots of common contacts or are active with the same professional organization.

If you reach out, you don't necessarily have to mention that they viewed your profile (maybe they don't even remember doing so) in your outreach communication. You can focus on your common bond and why you would like to connect with them.

When You're Not Sure Why They Were Looking
Keep in mind the fact that viewers without an obvious connection may have accidentally clicked on your profile.
(Sometimes, when people are searching for someone, they'll click on the profile of someone else with that same name, for example.) Thus, if you have absolutely no professional or personal connection with the person, you might simply want to ignore them. However, if you see they work for a company you are interested in, or if you find some other point of connection, you might want to message them.

When to Reach Out
You don't want it to seem like you're stalking the people who are checking you out on LinkedIn, so don't reach out right after the person viewed your profile. Waiting a day or two makes sense. If the person contacted you accidentally, they probably won't remember. If it's a recruiter or hiring manager, it won't seem like you're desperately and immediately contacting everyone who viewed your profile.

What to Say in Your LinkedIn Message
If you do mention that the viewer has visited your profile, you might state something like, "I noticed that you had stumbled upon my profile and as I checked out your profile I was intrigued to see that there are some interesting parallels with our careers. I would love to chat with you about..." This way, you acknowledge a common interest between the two of you, and provide a reason for connecting.

Source: https://www.thebalance.com/what-to-do-when-someone-views-your-linkedin-profile-2064029
Reyed Mia (Apprentice, DIU)
Asst. Administrative Officer and Apprentice
Daffodil International University
102/1, Shukrabad, Mirpur Road, Dhanmondi, Dhaka-1207.
Cell: +8801671-041005, +8801812-176600
Email: reyed.a@daffodilvarsity.edu.bd